Saturday, April 9, 2011

Look away if you're squeamish...


This was what Jenny (another VSO volunteer) and I were faced with early this morning. I’m staying at Jenny’s for the weekend because of the elections, and she asked me to bring my Sticky Rat Mat with me, because she thought she had a mouse. Turns out she had a family of mice. But at least the Sticky Rat Mat has served its purpose. I did feel very sorry for the mice though. Not a nice way to go.

Thankfully the security guy at her compound was able to help with the disposing of the mice. We weren’t being particularly helpful as the most we could do was jump up and down screaming in our pyjamas. I won’t be reusing the Sticky Rat Mat. I think it had mice head left on it by the time he had finished. Whoever said doing a VSO placement wasn’t glamorous.

No comments:

Post a Comment