Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Every home should have one


I give you the Sticky Rat Mat. I bought one from a man walking along with a basket of them on his head. I wanted to go for the good old rat poison, but my colleague told me that Ratty would eat it, and then go and die somewhere in my belongings where I couldn’t find him, and I’d be haunted by the smell of Dead Ratty for weeks on end. So Sticky Rat Mat it was. I’ve been putting Sticky Rat Mat down in the mornings before I leave for work, and making sure I make a lot of noise when I come back, just so Ratty knows he has company. I’ve told my neighbour that if he hears a scream, he was to come and remove Ratty from the Sticky Rat Mat for me, because that’s more than I’m willing to put myself through. But Ratty is one step ahead of me, and has decided against having his feet glued to a board for 10 hours. Instead he just comes out in the middle of the night to say hello, when he know that I haven’t left the Sticky Rat Mat down, because being faced with that first thing in the morning would be too much for me. I’ve never been much of a morning person, without having to peel a rat off a mat before I get in the shower and have a cup of tea. The best part about the Sticky Rat Mat is the instructions make it clear that once you catch your prey, you just remove them from the mat and reuse it. Trying to ignore the bits of rat foot that are left stuck to it. So there you go, a useful and welcome addition to every household. I will give one word of caution – if you leave the Sticky Rat Mat down, make sure that you don’t walk around barefoot without looking where you’re going. Removing the glue from your feet is a time consuming and irritating process. Especially if you haven’t got a running water supply.

No comments:

Post a Comment