Friday, October 21, 2011

Is it just me...

Or does the following extract not quite make sense?

“A successful family man, his daily hard work, care of the family with lovely children and beautiful wife, one is played by Mitch Ryan Reynolds, he handsome, playful spirit, night life has been hanging out with the girls. But one kind of life will always feel unhappy too long. This fountain in the following two people and the “Goddess” pee in front of the time, common words out of “I want your life ah,” the desire, then desire to … achieved in the next day … “


This is the text from the back of a DVD I bought the other day. First prize goes to whoever can tell me what the film is actually going to be about.

Pirated DVDs are big here - you find them for sale everywhere. You can buy a film or an entire TV series for 200 Naira (about 80p). The quality varies, but generally I’ve been lucky and most things I’ve bought have been watchable. When they’re not watchable I just take them back and the guy lets me exchange them for something else. So we’re building up quite a collection in our flat, the next volunteers to move into the VSO flat when we leave will have enough DVDs to keep them occupied for the duration of their placement.

3 comments:

  1. Just popping by on my route round the blogs from VSO vols in Nigeria as I do my due diligence upon receiving a placement offer as ODA in Zaria, Kaduna State for Feb 2012. Thanks for sharing your Nigeria experiences. Many things sound similar to my experiences here in India for the past 2 years but others sound very different. Loved the tale of Ratti and the Mat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sheila, good to hear from you. It's great you're considering a placement in Nigeria, let me know if you need any information (other than the random waffle contained in my blog!)- my email is sampower1983 at gmail.com

    I should still be here in February so hopefully get to meet you then if you do come out here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am pinging you a much delayed email

    ReplyDelete